Your weekly feed of reasons why TSC signatories decided to be, well, TSC signatories! (All emphasis added.)
- “I support expanded learning time because our current educational system wasn’t designed for the reality of today’s families. Too many of my students go home with no one to supervise them, no one to help them with homework, no one to even provide them a meal. If we want to truly lead into the 21st century, we need to face this reality head on and redesign our educational system to meet the needs of today’s students.”
– Andrew Hartman, Special Educator, Kennedy Institute of Catholic Charities, Washington, DC
- “Expanding academic time increases the opportunity for students to achieve both academic and personal success. This also breaks the mold of traditional education and trying to compress learning into a condensed time frame.”
-Quentin Jackson, Assistant Director – Students SVS, Athletic Director, An Achievable Dream INC, Newport News, VA
- “I support a whole balanced education. With reasonably expanded time, children can experience academics and arts within the educational system which are both important to creating a whole child and person.”
– Latrece Johnson, Parent and Early Childhood Lead Teacher, Mobile, AL
Now it’s your turn! Become a Signatory and tell us why YOU support expanding learning time!